The problem we have tried to solve
- Predicting cash and recognised revenue is hard, and can take days of retuning spreadsheets or system inputs
- Management need to understand the cash and revenue implications of deals in the pipeline
- Every company faces uncertainty of cashflow
- Deals need to close – but when and is there a discount to get the deal ?
- There are multiple deal types. Licence, Rental, SaaS, user or agreement based
- Projects can and often do change
- Projects need to reach payment milestones
- Customers need to pay
- All the above also affect recognized revenue. Cash is not EBITDA or P&L
- Need to be able to understand “What Ifs” quickly without days of iteration and get very quick updates on implication of changes to expectations
Problems often faced by CEO’s
- CEO’s want to concentrate on client and product strategy with excellent financial analytics to back them up. But instead often they have to spend far too much time on financial projections – a highly iterative and labour intensive process.
- Deals were entered into Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics, but that was only a fraction of the problem. The real issue was “What If” and “What if not”
- CEO’s want to know what the cash and rev rec implications were from closing (or not closing) deals expected in the current quarter or FY
- CEO’s want to understand the financial implications of projects slipping owing to change in scope or regulatory delay.
- They often would like to be able to form a view themselves outside of the opinion of Sales Operations or even Finance
- They would like better analysis of WHY projections had changed from x months before
- Because it wasn’t automated it always took too long and was hard to nail down.
- This problem wasn’t unique to any one company – it is clear that it exists in many organisations
CONVENDIA® – we couldn’t find the solution so we built the best one !
- CONVENDIA® was started in 2016 to solve all these problems
- Designed to create a Common Language or Lingua Franca between CEO and CFO, CEO/CFO and Sales, CEO/CFO and Professional Services, Sales Director and Salesperson
- Manages data across both sales pipeline and project execution with inbuilt change management
- Multi-currency, multi-legal entity, the solution can scale for business size and complexity
- Web based and can be used at HQ, globally or locally
- Reports can be generated on a highly automated basis
- Highly operationally efficient, with considerable time savings possible as well as greater speed of getting information almost instantaneously
Find out more
Contact us to learn more about how Revenue Modeller can help you